- 14 oz AP flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz unsalted butter room temp
- 14 oz sugar
- 1 Tbsp extract clear vanilla or almond
- 6 egg whites fresh not boxed at room temp
- 10 oz milk room temp
- 1 oz vegetable oil
- Place butter and sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment and mix on medium until mixture is light and fluffy
- Add in egg whites one at a time (roughly) and let fully combine after each addition before adding the next.
- Add in 1/3 of your dry ingredients and let combine. Add in 1/2 of your liquids, then dry, then liquids and the rest of your dry. Let mix until just combined.
- Add batter into prepared cake pans and bake at 325 degrees F for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked in the center.
- Let cool ten minutes then turn out cakes onto a cooling rack. Wrap warm and place into the freezer to flash chill. This locks in the moisture. Once cool but not frozen you can then trim off the brown edges of your cakes and frost as desired.
Source from here