The kiddos beg me to make them cake pops and I was getting kind of sick of the same old recipe. With that being said, I decided to come up with a unique cake pop recipe and they turned out DELICIOUS! These strawberry shortcake cake pops taste just like a creamy, shortcake and are full of flavor. I dip them in white chocolate (which you can melt yourself or get a dipping tray. Enjoy!
- 10 oz Pound Cake
- 16 oz Fluffy White Frosting
- 1 lb chopped Strawberries
- 12 oz White Chocolate Dipping Tray
- 30 Lollipop Sticks
- Crumble pound cake into large bowl.
- Add Frosting and mix well
- Fold in strawberries.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Form into 3/4 – 1″ balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Insert a stick in each.
- Place in freezer until hard.
- Melt chocolate by microwaving tray for 45 seconds, stirring and repeating until melted and smooth.
- Dip each ball in tray and twist around to cover completely, shaking off excess.
- Return to tray.
- Refrigerate overnight to allow coating to set and cake to thaw.