This year our family has added a new tradition of sorts to our Christmas holiday season. Inspired by Laura at Pitter Patter Art, we've decided to create our own Kindness Advent, serving someone each and every day of December leading up to Christmas. Yesterday's service was taking hot chocolate and a cookie to a Salvation Army Bell Ringer. When you hear your children shrieking with delight because they saw the bell ringer they just met taking a sip of the hot chocolate they had given him and noting that they felt all warm inside from this act of service, well, it pretty much makes your day. We had picked up a peppermint hot chocolate for our unsuspecting bell ringer and it was definitely the inspiration behind this Slow Cooker Andes Mint Hot Chocolate.
Who would believe you could make hot chocolate for 15 people in just five minutes? This Slow Cooker Andes Mint Hot Chocolate is here to make a believer out of any naysayer. Whole milk, heavy cream, cocoa, sugar and Andes Mints are whisked together into a velvety chocolate treat that will knock any coffeehouse's version down flat.
- 12 cups whole milk
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa
- 2 cups Andes Crème De Menthe Baking Chips
- whipped cream and additional baking chips to garnish
- In a six quart slow cooker, whisk together milk, heavy cream, sugar, baking cocoa and almond extract.
- Stir in Andes Crème De Menthe Baking Chips.
- Heat on LOW for 6 hours, whisking hot chocolate every hour to ensure baking chips are melting into the hot chocolate instead of burning on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Fill mug with hot chocolate and garnish with whipped topping, baking chips and additional baking cocoa, if desired.