This recipe is slightly adapted from a recipe that my mom and I came up with together. We've been making it for over a decade and the only thing I did differently here is mix the lemon and butter and make a sauce out of it. My mom and I usually just brush the salmon with a little olive oil and drizzle the lemon juice and then just sprinkle the remaining ingredients on top. Though it tastes delicious, I find that the sauce tends to be a little more runnier that way.
Baked salmon in foil that's been brushed with my lemon garlic butter sauce. This recipe is so easy to make and pulls together in less than 30 minutes! The salmon is so flakey and tender when baked inside foil. You're going to love this recipe.
- 1 ¼ pound sockeye or coho salmon (preferably wild caught)*
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, for garnishing (optional)
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375ºF. (see notes)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the lemon juice and minced garlic, allow the lemon juice to reduce to 1 tablespoon. Add in 1 tablespoon of butter, remove pan from heat and swirl so the butter starts to melt. Place back on the heat for a few seconds, removed and continue to swirl until butter completely melts. Repeat with second tablespoon of butter. When butter is completely melted, remove sauce from stove.
- Place the salmon filet in a piece of foil large enough to fold over and seal. Using a brush or spoon, brush the salmon with the garlic butter sauce. Season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Cover with foil so that all sides are properly closed so the sauce does not leak.
- Bake the salmon for 12-14 minutes or until firm. Open the foil and allow the fish to broil under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, keeping an eye on it so the fish does not burn. Remove from oven, top with parsley. Serve immediately.