Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Scampi is my homemade copycat recipe of Olive Garden's popular Chicken Scampi dish with sautéed chicken breast, onions, and bell peppers served over pasta with a creamy garlic white sauce.
- 1 pound chicken tenders or chicken breast halves pounded thin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 medium sized sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoon butter, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound angel hair, or linguine or spaghetti pasta cooked according to package directions
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Chopped basil to garnish
- Place flour into a shallow dish. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Pour milk into another shallow dish.
- Dredge chicken in the flour, then in milk, and then again in the flour. Set chicken aside.
- While the chicken is resting, chop onions and the red and green bell peppers.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon each of butter and olive oil.
- Add the red and green peppers, and onions and cook until the onions are clear and the peppers are softened and starting to brown. Remove from skillet.
- In the same skillet add a tablespoon each of butter and oil. When hot, add the floured chicken. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, then turn the chicken and cook for roughly another 5 to 7 minutes. Remove chicken from pan.
- Add a tablespoon of butter, then add garlic and stir for about 1 minute.
- Stir in white wine and italian seasoning, scraping the bottom of the pan while you stir. Remove from heat.
- Add heavy cream and mix well.
- Stir in parmesan cheese into the sauce.
- Return the cooked onion and peppers to the pan and stir.
- Add cooked, drained pasta to the skillet.
- Add the pasta and vegetables on each serving plate.
- Top each plate with cooked chicken.
- Garnish with chopped basil and shredded parmesan cheese.